Sunday, July 10, 2011

Books are movies in my mind.

nothing thrilling going on in my life. nothing at all. I'm getting big and completely uncomfortable almost all of the time. it's been hot and I hole myself inside. I feel bad somedays because then Hailie sits inside, but she hates the heat. so even if I do take her out, it's only for about 20 minutes at the most.
I've been spending my time reading, I think just this week a lone I've read 5 books...maybe it's been a week and a half. either way, I'm grateful I'm still working otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to afford to purchase as many books and I'd be miserable. 
I have a very visional mind, when people talk to me, I picture it. So when I read, it's almost like a movie playing in my head, and I love movies. Books obviously take longer to finish, and I love that. I get to stay in another world.
I'd like to given recongition to the books that have kept my mind in a movie for the past week and a half. I will link them to their Amazon page, but I'm sure they're available in other form(at)s.

Cross My Heart by Katie Klein. Good book, cute read. I love the meaning behind the title. Out of the books I've read this week it' s my second favorite. Jaden is your uptight straight A over achiever with the 'perfect' jock boyfriend. Her dream is to go off to Harvard, but that dream is effected when she's partnered with Parker on an class project. He's the mysterious, leather wearing, motorcycle driving Parker Whalen. But she don't let this effect her way into Harvard, and she's determined to work with him. No one knows anything about Parker, and Jaden slowly unravels who he really is, and there's much more to him than what meets the eye.

So Over You by Gwen Hayes. For $1.99, it's worth reading. Layney is a serious reporter, well as serious as you can get for a high school newspaper. The newspaper is her life, and she's determined to keep it afloat. Her co-editor Jimmy Foster, aka Lucifier, loves to get under her skin and she absolutely loathes him. They need to come up with a way to save the paper. Layney feels a calendar of girls from the cheer team is sexist, they decide to use guys from all type of school clubs and in order to get to know them. Layney has to go on 12 blind dates. Not only does she learn about these guys, but she learns about herself and comes to terms with a past experience which broke her and Foster up to begin with.

Between The Lines by Tammara Webber.Wasn't bad, not my favorite. It's narrorated by two characters. Emma lands a major role in an upcoming film with starstud Alexander Reid. He's sexy, charming, and everything a girl wants. Graham Douglas is an unknown indie film star, who Emma bonds with. She finds herself with Alexander but cannot stop thinking of Graham. Any girl would trade places with Emma in a heartbeat, being with Alex is a dream come true, but why can't she get Graham off her mind?

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I absolutely LOVED Beautiful Disaster. It's dysfunctional, real, crazy, a whirl wind of a book! It was long, and I loved that because I didn't want it to end. Abby goes off to college with her best friend, America. She wants nothing more to leave her past behind her. Until a repilca of her past comes strolling into her life. Travis, the walking one-night stand, covered in tattoos, he's a cage fighter, and really good at it. All the girls throw themselfs at him, except Abby. This intrigues him, and Travis does something he's never done before, becomes 'just' friends with a girl. It has the whole campus talking, and Abby does not being talked about. She left home to get away from the rumors.

Flat Out Love by Jessica Park. It was quirky, and had me laugh out loud. The first half the book is somewhat boring. I was able to predict what happened, but not fully. It was heartbreaking, and I literally teared up. If it wasn't for the ending of the book, I wouldn't suggest it. Julie is off to college in Boston, when she's dropped off at her supposed apartment she comes to find she's been scammed. An old friend of her mother's invites her into their household. Their son, Matt is a geek. Their daughter, Celeste is an odd 13 year old and Julie's determined to help Celeste act like a normal teenager. Finn, is the hot older brother who travels all over the world. After a few chats, and exchanged emails Julie finds herself falling for Finn, someone she's never met. But there's much more to this family, and she plans to get down to the bottom of it.

SO if your looking for a book to read check these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment